Building upon success of the MPC X and MPC Live, the Akai Professional Force raises the bar of the standalone music production center by combining technology from the MPC with the workflow from the original Akai Ableton Push controller to create a completely new, cutting edge production / DJ performance hybrid, well suited for the beginner or professional producer and DJ.
The Akai Force offers clip launching, step sequencing, sampling, onboard synthesizers, and a 7" touch display. By combining must-have modern functionality with an ultra-intuitive workflow, the Force harnesses creativity for maximum expressive capability.
The hardware interface is based around an 8x8 clip-launch matrix of 64 velocity-sensitive, RGB pads, a 7" full-color touch-capacitive multitouch display, eight touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays, two audio inputs, four audio outputs, MIDI, and CV I/O, which combine to afford versatility and an unprecedented degree of creative freedom and expression, without being tethered to a computer.
The Force offers a variety of ways to create. Producers will appreciate the multiple modes of operation including plugin tracks, MPC-style drum tracks, audio tracks, keygroup tracks, MIDI tracks, and CV tracks, while the performing artist will love the different ways to define performance clips and sculpt them via step sequencing, drum pad performances, and note data. If you are on your way to being a star musician, the Force has your back with the onboard grid editor, smartscales, chords, and progressions. Plus, the onboard arpeggiator not only generates standard arp patterns, but also includes a variety of rhythmic patterns that cover every type of genre to help you get going quickly and efficiently.
Other advanced features include real-time pitch-shifting / time stretch and a comprehensive set of onboard effects by AIR Music Technology, including TubeSynth, Bassline, and Electric synth engines, as well as the flagship Hype, a preset macro-based synthesizer that combines several different synth engines into a single, easy-to-use package. What's more, Force can record up to 8 stereo tracks.
The Akai Pro Force ships with 16GB of onboard storage, which can be expanded by an optional, user-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector for SSD or HHD drives, as well as a full-sized SD card slot and two USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers. The Force comes preloaded with 10GB+ of sounds from industry-leading content providers including SampleTools by CR2, MSX Audio, and Sample Magic. The core library includes 248 kits, 16 demo projects, 2500+ loops, and 500+ patterns. The Akai Pro Force includes a power supply and USB cable.
- General Features
- Standalone – no computer required
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7” full color capacitive multitouch display
- 2 mic/instrument/line inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI in/out/thru
- 4 configurable CV/gate outputs
- Remix, mash-up, DJ, and produce with 6 track types for complete audio/MIDI/CV sequencing and performance capability
- Performance Modes including 16-Pad Drums, Notes, Smart Scales, Chords & Progressions
- MPC Sample Editing
- Automatic BPM detection, real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- 4 powerful, fully-editable synth engines
- 16GB of onboard storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- Full-size SD card slot and 2 USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- User-expandable 2.5