The Antelope Audio Edge Quadro Modeling Microphone is a stereo condenser microphone that features two large dual-membrane capsules and a rotating head. This highly advanced modeling microphone features four dedicated outputs for stereo techniques like M/S, X/Y, Blumlein, and even 3D audio—making it the perfect solution for both stereo and 360° sound recordings.
Outfitted with custom electronics designed by Antelope’s award-winning engineers, Edge Quadro delivers next-level precision and adjustability. Both Quadro heads are capable of recording in cardioid, figure-8 and omnidirectional pickup patterns. This dual-capsule condenser mic features 6-micron gold-sputtered dual-membranes for advanced stereo processing. The low-resonance body and low-reflection headbasket produce hyper-accurate recordings with a neutral frequency response from 20 Hz - 20 kHz. Edge Quadro is perfect for capturing any sound source—with an impressive dynamic range of -116 dB THD+N. But nobody buys a pack of crayons for the beige one—the real charm of the Edge Quadro lies in its ability to emulate more colorful mics.
Million Dollar Mic Locker
Edge Quadro is specifically designed to be the perfect companion to Antelope Audio’s precision mic preamps and converters. When paired together with Antelope’s native mic emulation plug-ins, the possibilities are endless. Available in VST, AU and AAX formats for both macOS and Windows, Antelope’s native AFX plug-ins allow you to shoot out some of the world’s most renowned studio microphones in real-time or even after recording. Choose from hyper-accurate emulations modeled from an exquisitely preserved collection of classic microphones in one of the most respected facilities in Germany.
iLok 2 or 3 required. Not included in the pack.
- Quadrosonic microphone
- Two rotatable heads with large double membrane condenser capsules
- Audio signal is split into four independent XLR output channels for optimum control
- Switchable patterns (cardioid, Figure-8 and omni-directional)
- Multiple mic and emulation scenarios through individual polar pattern selection for each head
- Infinite top head rotation for maximum flexibility
- Ultra-low reflective fully symmetrical top and bottom heads
- Extended microphone emulations package
- Individual mic emulation selection for each head
- Custom luxury shock mount and two special OFC cables included in the package
- Custom handmade wooden case
- Berlin 47 FT
- Berlin 49T
- Berlin 57
- Berlin 87
- Berlin 67
- Berlin M103
- Vienna 12
- Vienna 414
- Tokyo 800T
- Berlin V563 cardioid capsule
- Illinois 57
- Illinois 7B
- Minnesota 20
- Vienna 112
- Berlin K86
- Berlin 47 TU
- Berlin M251
- Hamburg 441
Life on the Edge
Edge Quadro offers hyper-accurate emulations of stereo techniques like M/S, X/Y, Blumlein and even 360° audio—but if you’re looking for a simple solution to basic tracking check out the Edge Solo or Edge Duo.
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Bi-Directional / Figure-Eight, Omni-Directional|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||Output: 50 Ohms|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-34.9 dBV/Pa (18 mV)|