Antelope Audio Orion Studio
The Antelope Audio Orion Studio Rev. 2017 is a full recording studio that fits into one rack space. For 2017, Orion Studio got brand new AD converters, raising its dynamic range to an industry best 124 dB and features superior low latency performance.
It is equipped with 12 Class-A studio grade preamps, and one of the only interfaces can stand-alone record a full band right out of the box. Additional I/O can be added through its two ADAT connections, allowing up to 32 channels via Thunderbolt and 24 channels on the USB connection. Orion Studio Rev. 2017 can record up to 192 kHz/24-bit audio for the highest quality recording possible.
Front panel offers easy access to four microphone preamps, also with ¼” inputs. No need for a re-amp box with Orion Studio Rev. 2017, the front panel has two transformer re-amp outputs, making it easy to send signal back through a different amp for extra character. This is a great way to add more depth to a guitar track, bass, vocals, or drums.
The rear panel is loaded with two, eight channel DB25 line out connections, making it very easy to install to a patchbay or directly to your console. Two optical connections for connecting external ADAT devices. Two separate master grade speaker outs independent from the audio channel line outs, speaker source is selectable by a button on the front panel. S/PDIF and word clock connections make seamless integration with other digital signals or external clocks. Lastly, there are two insert points for external dynamic processing.
Orion Studio Rev. 2017 is designed with FPGA technology, and is the key to having nearly zero latency, and the ability to monitor plug-ins while tracking. Also included, is over 50 Real-Time FX models of legendary EQs, compressors, guitar amps & cabs. Orion Studio Rev. 2017 is powered by the acclaimed 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) jitter management technology, offering incomparable stability, sonic accuracy and audio detail.
- 12 CLASS-A MIC PRES Hi-Z, mic & line compatible preamps with phantom power
- VINTAGE GUITAR FX Hardware-based, FPGA powered effects for guitar amp modeling
- THUNDERBOLT™ & USB 32 channels via Thunderbolt™ and 24 on USB for zero-latency audio streaming
- 64-BIT ACOUSTICALLY FOCUSED CLOCKING AD/DA enhanced by our world-renowned jitter management algorithm
- STUNNING AD/DA 24-bit, 192 kHz audio and Antelope’s signature flawless conversion
- ADVANCED CONTROL Control Orion Studio via user-friendly desktop and mobile apps