he DrumBrute from Arturia is a professional-grade, fully analog drum machine aimed at modern indie-rock bands, dance music producers and DJs, hip-hop artists, and electronic musicians. The unit features 17 pure-analog drum sounds, which build on the history of classic drum machines and offer an expanded feature set including high-performance effects and a modern step sequencer.
The DrumBrute offers a wide range of controls, which allow for many new and adventurous sounds including two flavors of kick drums and an unusual reverse cymbal effect. There are 12 individual outputs available, should you wish to mix or effect the sounds with an outboard mixer or effects.
The sequencer offers 64 patterns, each with 64 steps, and each drum track can be a separate length, which allows for the creation of advanced polyrhythms that move and breathe over time. Additionally, the machine offers step repeat for creating looping glitch effects, while the pattern effects offer swing and randomness globally or on a per-track basis.
The on-board Steiner Parker output filter offers high-pass and low-pass modes and features a complete bypass when not in use. There are four sync options (Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock) and four different clock formats allowing the machine to sync up with a variety of analog and vintage gear.
- Seventeen pure-analog drum sounds
- Kick 1, kick 2, snare, clap, hi-hat 1, hi-hat 2, conga hi, conga lo, tom hi, tom lo, maracas, rimshot, clave, tambourine, cymbal, reverse cymbal, zap
- Wide range of controls allowing for many new and unique sounds
- Two different flavors of kick drums
- Analog reverse cymbal
- 64 patterns with up to 64 steps each
- Separate accent per drum
- Step Repeat for creating looping glitch effects
- Song mode for chaining patterns
- Pattern effects
- Swing and randomness that can be global or per instrument
- Pattern Looper for beat-repeat functions
- Steiner Parker output filter with bypass (high pass and low pass)
- Multiple sync options (Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock)
- Four different clock formats
- Twelve individual audio outputs
- Headphone output with both 3.5mm and ¼” jacks
- Create polyrhythms
- Each drum track can be of separate length