Unlike other monitor controllers that color and distort your sound, the Dangerous Music MONITOR ST uses audiophile-grade components to create an unconditionally transparent design. Featuring multiple input and output sources, lightning-fast speaker switching, a dedicated talkback mic and a robust monitoring system in a compact 1U package, MONITOR ST is the ultimate monitor controller for any studio.
A sound is only as strong as the weakest link in the signal chain. Literally every single sound in your studio runs through your monitor controller, which makes it one of the most important links. If you can’t trust what’s coming out of your monitors, you can’t make informed decisions. Some monitor controllers alter frequency response at different volumes, others introduce noise or use sterile digital processors—but MONITOR ST uses an all analog signal path to provide the most accurate and reliable monitoring available.
MONITOR ST features four analog inputs, three speaker outputs and a dedicated stereo subwoofer output. Each output features programmable level offsets and filters, allowing you to easily configure MONITOR ST to suit your studios specific needs. MONITOR ST is also capable of elaborate signal routing and advanced level matching for A/Bing multiple playback devices with unrivaled accuracy.
As if crystal clear monitoring and an award-winning ergonomic design weren’t enough, MONITOR ST also boasts an impressive feature list. The on-board talkback mic, cue controls and built-in headphone amp make communicating with artists a breeze.
Need even more connectivity? MONITOR ST can be expanded to accommodate 5.1, 7.1, 10.2 surround sound and more using optional SR modules to add unlimited channels.
It’s called the sweet spot for a reason—the included desktop remote control allows you to manage every signal right from the sweet spot. The remote control connects to the rack unit with a single shielded Cat5 cable, keeping your workspace nice and tidy. Small enough to sit on your home studio desk and sleek enough to share a space atop your console, the MONITOR ST remote control has includes bright, colorful LED lights providing instant visual feedback for every setting.
- Analog stepped-attenuator volume control - No level control IC’s used – pristine, accurate and repeatable
- Four input sources - Switch between your DAW outputs, DVD player, CD player, tape machines, etc.
- Three speaker outputs - Switch between up to three sets of monitors
- Programmable input gain offsets - Adjust for and store level offsets for different source devices
- Input level compensation for –10 dBV and +4 dBu sources - Instantly adjust and store gain compensation for consumer devices
- Input four has continuously variable level offset - Compensate for commercial CD levels and perform true A/B comparisons without compromising sound quality
- Programmable output level offsets - Fine-tune and store offsets to achieve equal apparent loudness on all your control room speakers- SR unit has continually variable level trims for L-R rear, center and LFE
- Assignable subwoofer output - Choose and store which sets of speakers you want to use with your sub
- Programmable subwoofer level offset - Adjust and store subwoofer levels, easily alternate between sub function and LFE function
- Selectable subwoofer filtering - Select and store subwoofer filter options for each set of speakers - switch between full bandwidth for surround mixing and bottom octave only for stereo work
- Comprehensive speaker Mute and Solo - Easily mute and solo speakers in any combination
- Flexible stereo cue system with main and auxiliary inputs - Make your performers happy w