Shape 50 is the versatile monitoring loudspeaker par excellence. This monitor can be used from 30″ away (80cm), and it has very extended low end frequency response (50Hz) considering its compact design. Thanks to this design and to the numerous settings, this monitor is ideal for rooms measuring less than 130ft2 (12m2).
The three monitors are all made in France and integrate five innovations to maximise acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, Shape monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These innovations provide remarkable acoustic transparency. These new work tools distinguish themselves through the wide and extremely precise stereo image. The bass register is articulated and controlled. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalisation of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is what’s at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and it’s also very precise in the very high end.
The Shape 50 - 5.0" Active 2-Way Studio Monitor from Focal Professional is a compact nearfield studio monitor ideal for use in home, project, or mobile studios. The sealed MDF cabinet houses a 5.0" flax sandwich cone woofer and an aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter that combine to provide a frequency response of 50 Hz to 35 kHz with a maximum SPL of 106 dB, while two 5.0" passive radiators help extend the low frequencies and minimize distortion. The midrange/low-frequency driver is powered by a Class-AB 60W amplifier, while the high-frequency driver utilizes a Class-AB 25W amplifier. The sealed enclosure allows the monitor to be placed near a boundary or wall with no adverse effects.
The monitor features XLR and RCA input connectors, making it easy to connect to a variety of sound systems and devices. It also offers a variety of controls including an adjustable crossover at 160 Hz, as well as high- and low-frequency shelf controls, plus a releasable high-pass filter, which allow you to customize the speaker's acoustic response to match your environment. The Shape 50 can be mounted to the ceiling or a wall via the optional fastening accessories package and ships with a standard IEC power cord.
- Aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- "M"-Shaped Tweeter: 1" with low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Flax Sandwich Cone Woofer: 5.0" with controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower midrange and upper midrange registers
- Dual passive radiators (5.0") for extended bass response and reduced distortion
- Designed without a port, allowing it to be placed near a wall
- Releasable high-pass filter
- Adjustable Crossover: 160 Hz
- Adjustable treble and bass
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 35 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 106 dB (peak at 1 m)
- XLR and RCA inputs
- Auto-standby mode
- Accepts 100-240 VAC power for international use
- Fastening mechanisms present on the back and underneath for installing on the ceiling or a wall (fastening accessories not supplied)
- Threads for ceiling and wall mounts (fastening accessories not supplied)