The Prism Sound CALLIA is a high-resolution stereo USB DAC offering versatile sample rate and headphone compatibility for audiophiles and music enthusiasts in home stereos, listening rooms, and entertainment systems. It supports PCM resolutions up to 32-bit / 384 kHz and DSD sample rates up to 12.288 MHz via the stable, low-jitter CleverClox clock circuitry. Automatic source selection with manual override allows for easy signal flow for the inputs, which include USB 2.0 Type-B, TOSLINK optical S/PDIF, and coaxial S/PDIF.
The stereo XLR and RCA outputs accommodate proper connectivity with balanced and unbalanced equipment such as speakers, power amps, stereo receivers, or monitor controllers. Additionally, a front-panel 1/4" TRS jack provides a high-current, low-impedance, headphone output that has three selectable operating ranges. Separate illuminated volume controls for the headphone and line outputs enable independent levels for monitors and headphones.
The CALLIA is compatible with Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, and ships with one USB cable, an IEC power cable, and a preloaded USB flash drive.
- Reliable Quality
- Prism Sound uses precise software calibration techniques in its converters to avoid the unreliability of pots and tweaks. Minimizing noise, interference, and hum was a priority in the design. All the analog circuits have galvanic isolation, while the unit's electronically balanced I/O allows it to handle common mode interference sources and trouble-free connection to unbalanced equipment.
- Low-Impedance Headphone Output
- The CALLIA headphone output utilizes a design different from that of the Prism Sound professional audio range. The CALLIA headphone output is a high-current, low-impedance design to handle the wide range of headphone sensitivities and impedances by providing several operating ranges, selected by switch presets on the rear panel of the unit. In this way, CALLIA can easily handle headphones from a few Ohms to more than 250 Ohms and will deliver a smooth, balanced, and transparent sound.
- Easy Connectivity
- By incorporating a UAC2-compliant USB 2.0 interface, the CALLIA is supported natively in Mac OS X, Linux, and Android, and in Windows with the supplied WDM and ASIO drivers. It also supports S/PDIF digital audio inputs via TOSLINK optical or coaxial copper jacks. Source selection is automatic, though manual override is possible.
- Balanced and Unbalanced Outputs
- The CALLIA offers balanced and unbalanced output formats at 14 dBu and 2 Vrms respectively. The balanced output is presented on XLR 3-pin male connectors, while the unbalanced output is on RCA coaxial connectors.
- Multiple Audio Formats
- Support is provided for linear PCM and DSD formats. Using DSD over PCM (DOP) protocol, the CALLIA accommodates DSD at the original rate (DSD64) and at two times the original rate (DSD128). DSD files encoded as DOP may be played with both ASIO and WDM drivers.
- Stable Clocking
- The CALLIA uses the same CleverClox hybrid digital ph