The Prism Sound Dream DA-2 is a stereo 24-bit / 96 kHz D/A converter designed to deliver high-resolution digital format conversion and digital-to-analog conversion for recording, mixing, and mastering engineers in project and commercial studios. It supports AES/EBU, S/PDIF, and SDIF-2 digital audio formats, as well as high-speed and two-wire configurations. It offers Dynamic Range Enhancement decoding and transferring for maximizing the dynamic range of 16-bit sources.
The versatile digital inputs include three XLR AES3 jacks, two BNC SDIF-2 ports, a TOSLINK optical connector, and a coaxial S/PDIF input. The digital outputs—two XLR AES3, two BNC SDIF-2, one TOSLINK optical, and one coaxial S/PDIF—are complemented by balanced XLR stereo analog outputs. The Dream DA-2 can follow an external clock source or be your system's clock master thanks to the word clock I/O via BNC connectors. A 7-way input selector, dedicated mute button, and analog polarity switching provide simple, efficient operations for a variety of studio setups.
- Low Jitter
- The stable PLL boasts high jitter attenuation, and the DA-2's digital outputs can provide a de-jittered digital feed-through for reliable digital transfers. The DA-2 also has a master clock mode in which the effects of incoming clock jitter are eliminated completely.
- Flexible Interfacing
- The DA-2 interfaces with other digital audio equipment at resolutions up to 24-bit / 96 kHz. It features both high-speed and two-wire interfacing options at input and output stages for 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz sample rates. The DA-2's stereo analog output offers simplicity and high performance with fully-floating, electronically-balanced format and precision attenuators, which offer an operating range that covers both professional and consumer voltage levels.
- From 16 to 24 Bits
- The DA-2 is fully compatible with recordings made at up to 24-bit, with or without noise shaping. No adjustment is needed for sources driving only 16 bits on the interface.
- Ideal for Monitoring Setups
- The 7-way input selector and feed-through output of the DA-2 can be used as the heart of your digital audio monitoring system. Easily connect digital sources such as audio interfaces, A/D converters, CD players, and DAT machines, while the outputs can simultaneously feed a monitor controller and mixdown recorder.
- Digital Transfers
- The DA-2 can act as a format converter and jitter attenuator using its array of input formats and digital outputs. For example, it can convert between AES3 and SDIF-2 or from TOSLINK optical to AES3. It can also convert from double-speed AES (typically 96 kHz) to the two-wire interface format.
- Master Clock Mode
- The DA-2 can operate in Master Clock mode where the D/A converter timing is generated internally from a precision reference, bypassing the synchronizing PLL system altogether. If your external equipment supports it, you can use the DA-2 in this mode for further enhanced D/A conversion quality.
- View AllClose