Auto-Tune EFX 3 from Antares Audio Technologies is a pitch correction plug-in that works by continuously tracking the pitch of a vocal performance and comparing it to the notes in a customizable scale. The scale note closest to the input pitch is identified as the target note and if the pitch exactly matches the target note, no correction is applied. However, if the pitch varies from the target note, either sharp or flat, the output pitch is smoothly corrected to the target note.
The plug-in is very easy to use – simply set the key and scale of a track, adjust the Retune Speed for the desired effect, and the software does the rest. For songs with complex chord progressions or modulations, custom scales can be set up, or the host’s automation facility used to allow for the processing of virtually any vocal line.
The Auto-Tune Vocal Effect is technically known as “pitch quantization.” Instead of allowing all of the small variations in pitch and the gradual transitions between notes that are a normal part of singing, the effect limits each note to an exact pitch, stripping out any variation, as well as forcing instantaneous transitions between notes.
Note: Requires iLok USB smart key if one is not present on the system.
- Plug-in designed to easily do real-time pitch correction as well as the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect
- Fully adjustable Retune Speed control allows for fine tuning the pitch processing for any performance, from subtle natural pitch correction to the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect
- Humanize function provides pitch correction that is natural and realistic
- Auto-Motion Vocal Pattern Generation adds intricate musical patterns to a vocal performance that can be triggered at any point in the vocal track
- Patterns are selected from a built-in and expandable library in a variety of styles and can be synced to the host tempo at various beat divisions
- Patterns are stored in standard MusicXML format allowing for the use of any applications that can open and edit MusicXML files for editing the patterns and creating custom ones (free open source apps are available)