The Antelope Orion Studio HD is a hybrid audio interface that offers HDX connectivity for Pro Tools HD, and low-latency USB 3.0 for native DAWs. Well suited for use in production facilities or live recording setups, it offers up to 64 channels of 24-bit/192 kHz I/O streaming, with pristine AD/DA conversion, 12 high-end, Class-A microphone preamps, and additional connectivity via ADAT, S/PDIF, and two DB25 connectors for analog audio.
The Orion Studio HD provides efficient integration for digital sources to Pro Tools HD. It features the proprietary HDX Delay Compensation technology, which ensures that any analog or digital source is sample-accurate when it arrives in the Pro Tools HD timeline. In addition, HD and native DAWs can operate simultaneously, ideal for inter-app audio routing. The interface is powered with the company’s 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology which provides precise clocking, resulting in low jitter, natural and detailed sound, and 124 dB of dynamic range.
The Studio HD is equipped with a Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) chip which allows for the creation of zero-latency mixes, routing, and FX modeling. The unit comes packed with a full library of over 40, classic hardware EQs, compressors, guitar amps & cabs emulations, and the AuraVerb reverb. It opens a variety of creative options such as monitor-mixing with reverb, tracking through modeled vintage EQ & compression or routing to external gear, in real time.
Other features include monitor switching using a pair of mastering-grade monitor D/A converters, two independently assignable headphone outputs, four instrument inputs, two transformer reamp outputs, and a talkback button.
The interface is fully controllable via an intuitive OS X- and Windows-compatible desktop app and can be accessed from multiple computers on the same network.The Orion Studio HD is housed in a single-space rack.
- Pro Tools HD and Native Integration
- Simultaneous streaming of 24-bit/192 kHz audio via HDX, USB 3.0, ADAT, S/PDIF
- Proprietary HDX Delay Compensation controls all audio (analog and digital sources) and ensures sample-accurate arrival in the Pro Tools HD timeline
- HDX port for up to 32-channel I/O
- USB 3.0 port for up to 64-channel I/O
- Class-A Mic Pres
- Twelve high-end, Class-A mic preamps – Hi-Z, mic/line-compatible preamps, with individual phantom power
- Additional Connectivity
- 16 x line outputs on two DB25 connectors
- 8 x channel I/O via ADAT
- 2 x channel I/O via S/PDIF
- Pristine AD/DA Conversion
- Enhanced conversion – high-end converters allow dynamic range boosted up to 124 dB
- Accurate Clocking
- Powered by Antelope’s 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) jitter-management technology
- 1 x word clock I/O
- Real-Time FPGA FX
- Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) device offers massive modeling capabilities that provides zero-latency FXs/mixes/routing
- Over 40 real-time FX models – full library of classic studio hardware, EQs, compressors, guitar amps & cabs
- Includes units from BAE, Grove Hill, Gyraf Audio, Lang, and more
- Includes AuraVerb reverb
- Guitar Interface
- In partnership with Overloud, the Orion Studio HD offers integrated amp and cabinet simulations both vintage and contemporary in sound
- FPGA effects allow guitarists to experiment with multiple speaker configurations, mic placement, and EQ settings, all in real time, with imperceptible latency
- Unit is equipped with four Hi-Z, instrument inputs and two transformer reamp outputs
- Other Features
- Monitor switching using a pair of mastering-grade monitor D/A converters (129 dB dynamic range)
- Talkback button
- Two headphone outs
- Full session saving presets let you quickly save, load, and share any routing, monitoring, and FX settings
- Lightweight, single-space rack design
- Quiet operation
- Software Control
- Fully controllable routing, mixing, real-time effects processing via OS X- and Windows-compatible desktop app
- iOS / Android mobile app gives you full control of mic preamps from a smartphone or tablet
- Orion Studio HD allows for fast device control via multiple computers