The LOC from Millennia is an analog legacy phonograph-playback system that is custom tailored specifically for the needs of archiving and mastering professionals. Originally specified under contract for the U.S. government’s Library of Congress, the LOC is handcrafted of Millennia’s essential, 100% DC-coupled preamplifier and equalizer circuity for audiophiles requiring a sonically uncompromised phono signal path.
Employing a 100% discrete design topology from input to output, the LOC utilizes both discrete-bipolar and field-effective transistors to achieve Millennia’s hallmark sonic invisibility. The unit accepts both line-level and phono-level inputs via gold XLR connectors, as well as unbalanced RCA connectors. The ten discrete outputs are provided on both gold XLR and RCA phono connectors.
There are 49 combinations of preset compensation curves for precise performance with all formats, including 33-1/3, 45, and a vast array of 78 RPM EQ formats. Additionally, there are 36 discrete gain steps of 1.5 dB per step to 60 dB, user-selectable capacitive and resistive loading, mono and polarity select switching for vertically grooved pressings, and stereo gain matching to 0.08 dB. There are a pair of Lundahl MC transformers included, but may be switched out of the signal path for true transformer-less operation.
Rounding out the feature set is a collection of four surgical filters, designed to isolate and correct problem areas associated with groove degradation and surface noise. The filters offer shelving and peak response with a number of user-selectable frequencies. The chassis is constructed from 16-gauge cold-rolled steel with a 3/8″ / 9.53mm thick radiused-aluminum face panel. The LOC offers a universal power supply and ships with a standard IEC power cord.
- Professional Phonographic Preamplifier with RIAA + Archival Compensation & Corrective EQ
- True differentially balanced phonographic preamplifier topology
- User-definable (universal) compensation and loading parameters
- Sets new precedent in phonographic sonic invisibility
- Ultra-premium transformer-less components used throughout
- Gold relays, connectors & switches. Hand-machined aluminum cosmetics
- Extremely low noise (-125 dBu flat). Pure Class-A discrete J-FET filters
- Effortless, lifelike musical performance at all dynamic levels
- Lundahl MC transformer option included for free, and can be bypassed
- Solid build design