The Millennia NSEQ-4 2-Channel Class A Discrete Solid State Parametric Equalizer features full timbral control and total signal integrity. This equalizer puts a single active gain stage in the entire audio signal path. Its active stage has been optimized as an input buffer, EQ amplifier, and output driver.
The NSEQ-4 Equalizer features a solid state design, which is entirely transformerless. It has a distinctly audible sonic personality, and occasionally will complement a particular track. It preserves sonic purity while correcting frequency imbalance, and its balanced circuit design ensures sonic transparency. With no audio transformers, the NSEQ-4 Equalizer realizes the musicality of pure Class A gain and optical compression without imposing coloration, character, or vibe.
With its discrete solid state circuitry, the NSEQ-4 is designed for precise sonic adjustments along with limitless shades of clean. Four bands of mastering-grade fully parametric equalization make it easy to add the correct amount of air or punch, or clean up any mud in a track or mix.
Data compression algorithms (MPG, AC3, DTS, etc.) are unable to distinguish signal from noise, so preserving absolute signal integrity through the recording and production process is critical to communicating the artist’s intention and individuality. The recording and mastering process entails amplifying the original source by as much as 1000:1. Coloration or distortion become part of the signal: once lost, sonic information can never be recovered. The NSEQ-4 Equalizer’s circuit designs amplify and adjust the original input signal with an absolute minimum of alteration, applying tonal colors so natural and free of artifacts that they seem to become part of the source itself.
- All-discrete, true differential Class A input buffer/amplifier
- Selectable balanced or unbalanced input
- 3rd generation FSA-03 all-discrete EQ amplifier
- Improved output stage, no muting required
- True hard-wire bypass when EQ not selected
- Power supply contributes to improved sonic performance
- Fully parametric stereo EQ with superior sonic purity & integrity
- All discrete J-FET solid state signal path
- Minimalist Design: Only one active stage in the audio path
- Four EQ bands: 20 Hz to 20 kHz center frequency, 0.4 to 4.0 Q
- Low Noise: -106 dBu
- Constructed for demanding professional applications
- Premium components throughout
- Gold relays, connectors, switches
- Silver Teflon power wiring & Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring
- Peak/shelf selection on high and low bands
- Hard-wire bypass switching on individual EQ bands