The UA Apollo Twin reinvents desktop recording by delivering legendary analog studio sound, feel, and flow to music creators everywhere. This 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac combines the same impeccable 24/192 kHz audio conversion of Universal Audio’s acclaimed Apollo series with onboard Realtime UAD SOLO or DUO Processing. Plus it introduces new Unison™ technology, a breakthrough in classic mic preamp emulation. Record your music in real time (at near-zero latency) through the full range of UAD plug-ins — from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, API and more* — putting racks of vintage EQs, compressors, mic preamps, tape machines, reverbs, and guitar amps at your fingertips.
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin’s Unison technology gives you the tone of the world’s most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps — including their all-important impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, with more emulations coming soon.**
Apollo Twin’s smart feature set includes two class-leading mic/line preamps, two analog line outputs, two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels, and up to eight additional channels of digital input via Optical connection. Onboard UAD SOLO or DUO Processing lets you use UAD plug-ins both during realtime tracking and for mixing within Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live and more.
With its ergonomic desktop design, rugged aluminum construction, and front panel headphone and instrument connections, Apollo Twin has all the right tools, all in the right place.
- Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency*
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on modern Macs
- New Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps**
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, 610-B Tube Preamp, and more Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Available with either UAD-2 SOLO or UAD-2 DUO DSP Processing onboard
- Requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or 10.9 Mavericks
- Thunderbolt cable sold separately
- Apollo Twin Unit
- External Power Supply with (4) changeable AC connectors supporting USA, Europe, UK, Australia, China
* Apollo Twin includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
**Package includes 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ; other preamp models sold separately.