The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt – OCTO Core is Universal Audio’s most powerful DSP accelerator, giving producers and engineers high-powered access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins. This sleek desktop unit is compatible with all Thunderbolt-based Macs, and can supercharge Apollo interfaces and other UAD-2 DSP Accelerator systems to run larger mixes filled with rich analog emulation plug-ins.
In creating UAD plug-ins, Universal Audio’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to give you all the warmth of classic analog equipment. The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD Core includes four SHARC processors, and its Thunderbolt 2 technology offers reduced plug-in latency compared to Firewire 800.
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt – OCTO Core includes UA’s “Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle, and provides access to more than 90 plug-ins from brands including Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Pultec, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on new Macs
- 8 SHARC processors offer a significant DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT and more (sold separately)
- Includes “Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Preamp & EQ and Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter, Pultec Pro Equalizers, UA Precision Enhancer Hz, CS-1 Precision Channel, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interface
- VST, AU, RTAS, AAX 64 support
*Thunderbolt cable sold separately. Visit www.uaudio.com for complete list of supported Macs.
- Apple Mac with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or 10.9 Mavericks
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in DAW software
- 4 gigabytes available disk space