The Vanguard Audio Labs V13 Tube Condenser Mic offers a classic, warm, vintage tone that is comparable to other high end mics of its kind, but for a fraction of the price.
The V13 was designed by a team of experts with more than 65 years of experience, and put to the test by award-winning engineers and producers. It uses capsules loaded with premium-grade, over-spec components sourced from manufacturers around the world, including a hand-selected European vacuum tube which is cryogenically treated.
V13 is equipped with a 10 dB pad, and a high-pass filter, both located on the rear of the casing. Nine polar patterns are selectable via the external power supply, making it very versatile for any genre you are working on.
An innovative heavy duty VLSM shock-mount is also included. Unlike other manufacturers, Vanguard uses aerospace-grade suspension rings that won’t break, sag, crack, or stretch over time. The heavy duty shock-mount uses M22x1 threading, so you also can use it with a number of microphones from other manufacturers.
Also included is a padded pinewood case. It is recommended that V13 be stored in the case when not in use. A larger more durable aluminum locking case is also included to store all that comes with V13, including the power supply, pinewood case, shock-mount, cables, and extra tubes.
- Custom-voiced, edge-terminated 34 mm dual-capsule assembly with 3µm gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragms
- 9 polar patterns (selectable at power supply)
- Vacuum tube analog circuitry with premium-grade components
- Hand-selected European vacuum tube
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal path components
- Transformer-coupled output – humbucking, shielded, dual-bobbin transformer
- -10 dB pad and low-frequency rolloff toggle switches
- Robust power supply design for ultra-low noise floor
- Heavy-duty brass, aluminum, steel, and zinc metal construction
- Rear venting to prolong tube and component life
- Open-weave headbasket for low internal reflections and “open-air” voicing
- Each V13 comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec components
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- 100% Quality Control
- 5-Year Warranty / 90-day warranty for vacuum tube