The RME ADI-2 Pro FS is a versatile reference-class AD/DA converter that can be used as a USB audio interface, a USB DAC with Extreme Power headphone amplifiers, or as a format converter with digital monitoring. Housed in a compact, half-rack enclosure, it delivers pristine 32-bit / 768 kHz audio quality to audio engineers and audiophiles alike, for studio, home, and mobile applications, ranging from analog/digital recording, PCM/DSD recording and playback, precise audio measurements, or use as a high-fidelity front-end and headphone amp for iPhone/iPad or other mobile devices.
The ADI-2 Pro FS is equipped with six input sources and eight output paths, for simultaneous 2-channel analog-to-digital input conversion and 4-channel digital-to-analog output conversion. The I/O options include two servo-balanced analog line inputs, two separate balanced and unbalanced analog outputs, one optical S/PDIF I/O which also supports two channels of ADAT operation, and, via the included digital breakout cable, one coaxial S/PDIF I/O and one AES/EBU I/O.
The unit supports all sample rates between 32 kHz and 768 kHz and delivers a flat frequency response with an impressive 124 dBA signal-to-noise ratio. The company's SteadyClock with femtosecond clock technology efficiently suppresses jitter in all clock modes, ensuring that the AD/DA conversion's sonic quality remains consistent, independently from the quality of the incoming clock signal.
The two Extreme Power headphone outputs provide high-end monitoring options optimized for low- and high-impedance headphones. They feature an Advanced Balanced mode which delivers a balanced signal path from the DAC straight to the phone with optimized frequency response and a maximum output level of +28 dBu. A powerful DSP adds all kinds of useful audio processing, including 5-band parametric EQ, fast bass/treble adjustment, crossfeed, and a sophisticated loudness function.
The ADI-2 Pro FS features a high-resolution ISP LCD panel, which eases operation and displays signal metering of all I/Os, current digital states of S/PDIF, AES, USB, a 30-band analyzer, and more. The display features an AutoDark mode that automatically turns off all LEDs and the display after ten seconds of user inactivity. The unit can be used as a standalone and operated with three push-button encoders and four buttons to access dedicated menus.
- Key Features
- High-fidelity reference-class 32-bit / 768 kHz AD/DA converter
- High-resolution PCM/DSD recording and playback
- Two Extreme Power headphone amplifiers for audiophile-quality monitoring
- USB 2.0 port, fully class-compliant (UAC 2)
- Multi-format converter (AES, S/PDIF, ADAT) with monitoring function solves any clocking problems between formats
- Low Latency—AD/AD converters with low-latency filters offer super-fast conversion
- Versatile iPhone/iPad DAC
- High-end AD/DA frontend for audio measurements
- High-resolution display for graphic operation—with Peak Level meters, 30-band analyzer, State Overview screen for listing current states of SPDIF, AES, USB and clock
- AutoDark mode automatically turns off all LEDs and the display after ten seconds of user inactivity
- Standalone mode
- Compact and lightweight design allows for mobile use
- External, switched power supply with lockable connector included—unit can easily be powered from a battery (available separately)
- DIGICheck utility software included – &nbs