The UR-RT4 is a premium six input, four output USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface with switchable Rupert Neve Designs transformers on the front inputs. Combined with the onboard, high-quality D-PRE preamps, the Rupert Neve Designs transformers deliver a musical, more expressive sound with rich harmonics, which is especially beneficial for vocals, acoustic guitar and other instruments with a versatile dynamic range.
Offering a studio quality, mobile production platform with a range of input/output options for laptop and iPad, the onboard SSP2 DSP chip also delivers zero-latency FX for monitoring. The robust UR-RT4 is engineered to offer outstanding quality for its price class, making it the ideal portable production interface for PC, Mac or iOS.
The Rupert Neve Designs transformer
Mr. Rupert Neve is undoubtedly a legend in the professional audio field. The transformer circuitry is one of the key factors in his numerous vintage designs and also in the latest devices from Rupert Neve Designs, which gives a very appealing touch of natural compression and saturation to the sound.
Input channels 1-4 on the Steinberg UR-RT4 each feature a transformer that Rupert Neve Designs has specifically developed for audio interfaces. With this transformer, a natural distortion can be added to the signal to realize a sound with more depth and perspective, while maintaining the natural sound of the DPRE itself when the transformer is disabled.
The D-PRE: Beyond precision
The virtues of the Yamaha-designed D-PRE have been sung by industry veterans and trade press alike since the introduction of this class-leading preamp. A sumptuously detailed high-end, immaculate dynamic response and a rich, rounded low-end sound are the hallmarks of this very special preamp. The UR-RT2 and UR-RT4 feature two D-PRE preamps, each offering stellar recording quality unmatched in this price class. And to faithfully capture and replay the warm, transparent sound of the D-PRE, the UR-RTs feature AD and DA conversion stages with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz resolution.
Full DAW integration with dspMixFx
The UR-RT series integrates seamlessly with Cubase and almost any other DAW, delivering latency-free monitoring with DSP-powered FX, via the onboard SSP2 DSP chip and latest dspMixFx technology. This provides a fully integrated, DSP-based monitoring setup wherever you are and with whichever DAW you use.
Top 10 key features
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- 4 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power
- Rupert Neve Designs transformer switchable on each front input channel
- 4 analog XLR/TRS combo inputs (Mic/Hi-Z on input 1/2 and Mic/Line on input 3/4), plus 2 TRS line inputs, 2 separate headphone buses with individual outputs
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Channel Strip, and Guitar Amp Classics (VST 3 plug-in version also included)
- dspMixFx editor application for Windows, macOS and iOS
- MIDI input and output
- Rugged full-metal housing
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version for Mac and PC (only for 64-bit environment) and Cubasis LE DAW app for iPad
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, macOS and iOS (with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter)