The Universal Audio Apollo Twin X is a state-of-the-art Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with two pristine-sounding Unison-enabled preamps, elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, and QUAD Core real-time UAD signal processing. Bundled with the “Realtime Analog Classics” suite of UAD plug-ins, the Apollo Twin X gives you everything you need to produce, record and mix studio-quality productions.
TWO UNISON PREAMPS
Equipped with two Unison-enabled mic preamps, Apollo Twin X lets you capture the exact sonic characteristics of your favorite analog designs, right down to the tubes and transistors. Choose from a wide range of classic consoles, including emulations from Neve, Helios, API, Manley, UA and more. Best of all, Unison preamps let you record in real time with record at near-zero latency. You can even use the front-panel Hi-Z instrument input to capture super-accurate emulations of guitar and bass amps from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Apollo Twin X uses the same elite-class A/D and D/A conversion as the renowned Apollo X rack-mount interfaces to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range. With two mic pres, a front-panel hi-z input, two line outs and a dedicated headphone output, Apollo Twin X is perfect for recording at home or on the go. And with onboard monitor controls and a built-in talkback section, Apollo Twin X has everything you need to take control of your session.
Expand your I/O even further with the built-in optical ADAT/SPDIF input for an impressive 10 x 6 configuration. Daisy-chain up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices for limitless possibilities. And if you decide to upgrade to an Apollo X rack-mount unit, you can use Apollo Twin X as a desktop monitor control with additional I/O and DSP power.
REALTIME UAD PROCESSING
Harness the power of Apollo Twin X’s UAD-2 QUAD Core processing to record with the full range of UAD Powered plug-ins, including classic modules from Neve, Studer, Helios, API, Lexicon, Manley, and more.
- Desktop 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rack-mount interfaces
- 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers