The Universal Audio Apollo X: The Evolution of Apollo Recording Interfaces
Universal Audio’s Apollo recording interface has enabled audio creators the world over to record and mix world-class compositions with greater ease than ever. The Apollo X is the next step in the impressive lineage of these interfaces and the Universal Audio Apollo x6 improves upon its predecessors with unparalleled conversion, processing and monitoring features.
Created with music producers and post-production facilities in mind, the Apollo x6 enables users to record, overdub and mix via a 16 x 22 interface with two Unison-enabled mic preamps and new HEXA core processing. This improvement in processing power allows for 50% more DSP for running UAD plug-ins during each step of your creative process.
Packaged in a sleek rack mount unit with Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Mac or PC, the Apollo x6 additionally offers improvements in conversion and monitoring. Once again, Universal Audio has updated their converters for more pristine recordings and now offers 5.1 surround sound monitoring*, an integrated monitor controller and built-in talkback mic.
Improved Conversion For The Apollo x6
In the time since the release of the Apollo MKII interfaces, Universal Audio engineers have been hard at work on improving the conversion capabilities for the launch of the Apollo X line. Ultimately, the design team paired together 24-bit/192 kHz converters with new analog circuitry to offer Apollo x6 users pristine sounds with 129 dB dynamic range and 128 dB THD+N.
Adding More Power To The Apollo x6
The Apollo x6 offers more power than ever before with HEXA Core processing that utilizes six DSP chips. With 50% more DSP than previous generations of the interface, you’ll be able to take advantage of Universal Audio’s incredible UAD library and have a higher plug-in count when recording and mixing with the Apollo x6.
Nailing The Tone With Unison Technology
Universal Audio’s Unison Technology melds together plug-ins and analog in a way they’ve never been paired before. The Apollo x6 features two Unison-enabled mic pres, which allow music makers to track through mic pre emulations that match the actual input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots” and circuit behaviors of the gear they are based on. With legendary mic pre emulations from API, Manley, Neve, SSL and Universal Audio at the ready, you can bring the exact tone of so many classic records to next your next project.
A Seamless Fit In Any Studio
Using Apollo interfaces in a professional recording studio has never been easier. The Apollo x6 features 5.1 surround monitoring for creators working in the world of post-production, no matter whether it be for film, video games or television. There is also a selectable +24 dBU option for working outside of the box and using the Apollo x6 in conjunction with recording consoles and analog outboard gear.
Utilizing The Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
Universal Audio has been one of the leaders in creating plug-in emulations of classic gear since they first re-founded in 1999. When purchasing the Apollo x6, you gain instant access to the brand’s Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle, which features 16 world-class plug-ins. You’ll get Universal Audio staples like the featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp (Legacy), UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy), Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy), Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy), Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-VR and so much more.
- 16x22 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 & 2 on Mac)
- Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Record through 2 Unison-enabled mic/line preamps — giving you fully authentic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and more**
- Surround monitor controller up to 5.1 format*
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic and more
- UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
*Surround Sound support coming Q4